Thursday 22 March 2012

Royal Pains Mark Feuerstein to Emcee The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund



Royal Pains actor Mark Feuerstein will be the emcee at the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund’a inaugural event at the Oheka Castle in Huntington, NY on April 24th.



The Honor at the Castle Gala will recognize the men and women of law enforcement throughout New York, New Jersey and Connecticut who keep our communities safe. A special tribute will be made to those fallen officers killed in the line of duty.

The Honoree of the event is Richard Belzer, comedian, author and actor best known for his role as Detective John Munch on the NBC series Homicide: Life on the Street and Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. Belzer has been a long time supporter of the Memorial Fund and Museum.

Honor at the Castle is made possible by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund’s partner, The Zellman Group, which is located on Long Island, NY. Lisa and Stuart Levine, a former law enforcement officer, felt strongly about honoring the men and women who provide homeland security for our nation every day and agreed to host the event in their honor.

I had the opportunity to speak with Feurstein about emceeing the event, his own run-in with the law, Royal Pains and much more!!

What is it about The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund that made you want to emcee the event??

 Through the executive producer’s relationship with the organization. The executive produce is obsessed with the CIA, the FBI and law enforcement as a whole. No where is it more pronounced than with a motorcade. He has a fetish with a motorcade and is hoping there will be some form of a motorcade to get to the event.

Have you ever had any run ins with the police – as a teenager?? 

 When I was 17, my friends and I (a bunch of 5’1 Jews from the Dalton School) drove in a car down to Atlantic City to take over the town like Burt Lancaster by betting $4 and sometimes $5 for Blackjack. We drove down with sandwiches provided by our parents and showed up with fake id’s at the door, where we were swarmed. They proceeded to threaten us – politician and lawyers to be – they called our parents. After a while, I started to get cocky. I was under the age of 18 so I knew it would hopefully be erased from my record (and it was).

You come from a family of lawyers – what made you go into acting??

 I was going to be a lawyer. Everything I did in High School and college was meant to build my resume to get into a good law school. After resume building for the first 18 years, I decided to do something which was entirely the opposite of resume building, which was to try out for a play – and I fell in love with it. There is a theatrical aspect to law that my father wears obviously on his persona. That was passed down to me and I decided to pursue that avenue rather than the avenue which would have had me waiting for a fax from Hong Kong at 3:00 in the morning.

Haven’t you been on the set at 3:00 in the morning?

 I have been on the set at 3 in the morning but the difference is enormous. In one you’re sitting alone in a cubicle waiting for another middle management type guy to send you the document you need. In mine I am hanging with passionate people, telling stories, getting bleary eyed and wacky with exhaustion and there’s no place I’d rather be at 3:00 am in the morning and I don’t think I would have been as happy doing the lawyer thing.

When I first met you, Royal Pains was relatively new – now that you are heading into season 4 how has it changed for you?

 The prospect of doing a tv show is so rare and exciting when it happens for an actor. The first three seasons are a combination of overwhelming newness and excitement and then an effort to make it all some what palatable on a real world level so you could function. We’ve done a great job of bringing the family together with parties and events and just through amazing camaraderie on the set. In the fourth season you really settle into a level of normalcy that makes it so functional, everyone knows their jobs, and is used to the division of labor and everyone knows their responsibility and we also feel like family. I am so excited to return to my onset and brother in arms Polo, my brothers and advisors and friends and executive producers, Henry Winkler, Christine Ebersol, Kyle Howard (and he did mention every single person he ever worked with). These are my friends and family.

Any spoilers for our readers? Will Evan and Hank work out their issues? 

 I don’t have much but I will spoil in this way. The season ended with a major rift between my brother and me. In the hands of less edgy and brilliant writers another version of Royal Pains would have us making up in the first five minutes of the premiere and get back to business at Hank Med. But our brilliant writers have chosen to embrace the great schism, as it will become known in tv history, between Hank and now Hank Med as run by Evan. And the schism between Hank and Evan goes epic and global and the relationship between the brothers. When the brothers actually repair the personal aspect, but continue the rift professionally -it begs the question “how will this effect Hank and Evan down the road?” because they truly are breaking up the company which has brought them back together. Though they are seeming to agree to it, it doesn’t seem what’s meant to happen.

I read your daughter has a heart defect – how is she doing? 

You are calling on an amazing day. We just went to the doctor. My wife and I took Addie for her 6 month check up and when your daughter has had 2 open heart surgeries and it’s touch and go for 89 days while your child is in ICU in the hospital even having a check up after six months, rather than a week or two weeks, is already an amazing achievement and then to hear the doctor say down her valve regurgertation is down from moderate to just mild and she has gained weight and is now in the 75th percent of height and weight. Addie is like a Don Corlione trapped inside a two-year old’s delicate frame. She is even more aggressive, passionate excited and she is like a tank and if you saw her in the hospital bed two years ago you would never recognize this amazing force of nature that is my daughter.

We will continue to have cardiology check ups every 6 months or a year for most of her life.


Source: haveuheard.net

No response to “Royal Pains Mark Feuerstein to Emcee The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund”

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...